Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Get sleepy due to ToO much of Reading?

Salam 'alaik..

Its exam season and I have my first paper tomorrow.Huhu,overall, I could say that all the courses that I take for this semester require a lot of reading and memorizing, not forgotten, understanding as well.

Due to too much of one-side-brain-usage only, I often easily get sleepy.It seems like my trials with my chocolate beads and coffee are not effective for me to get over the sleepiness.Instead, they are just making me even more sleepy just after I finish eating or drinking them.

So, I currently try to do Sudoku- after my chocolate stock is already in scarce,hahah..Just take a few minutes to complete a set of Sudoku while listening to calming music or preferably the Quranic verses-since we want to seek Allah's knowledge,so its better to listen to Quranic verses to purify our heart. After that, proceed with the reading. Repeat the same thing in every 10-15minutes of reading.

Well, it is till in the trial and not yet confirmed to be totally effective for me.But, if we think about the mechanisms, reading and completing Sudoku are like balancing the work of both sides of the brains.am I right?correct me if I am wrong..what about listening to the calming music or the Quranic verses?what are the significances? Well, researches proved that this kind of sound would enhance our brain's activity especially in understanding part.Plus, you will feel more calm and relax without stress with just that few minutes of break (by means of completing the Sudoku and listening to the Quranic verses)..I am trying it now..Lets try it together..and don't forget to put the trust in Allah since this method is just a mean, He is the One who provides the calmness and eliminates our sleepiness.. =)

Bi Taufiq wan-Najjah fil Imtihan,everyone!!